Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time for Baby!!!

On April 29th I went to my doctors appt hoping that it wouldn't be much longer and even though I was still only 2 cm, the doctor told me to head upstairs for an induction! I was so relieved! I got all checked in and changed and they started the process. They started with the gel at around 10am. That started my contractions about 1-2 minutes apart! But unfortunatly they still weren't doing anything. This lasted through the night! I got a couple of shots of Stadol through the night so I could get a little sleep. By morning there was a new on call doctor and she decided to really get things going by breaking my water. At this point I was about 4-5 cm. When my water broke the pain really began! hard contractions 1 minute apart! I finally got an epidural and unfortunatly it only numbed half of me! So they came back and fixed it. Well that lasted until I was 9 cm and then the epidural quit! They gave me another dose, but I could still feel the pain. finally around 6pm I was ready to push! The pushing was the easiest part, thank goodness! And at 6:24pm Andrew Wade Lemons was born! Weighing in at 8lbs 6ozs and 21 inches long!! BIG boy!! He was perfect! The stress of the long labor made his breathing a little shallow but after a little oxygen he was fine! Well here are a few pics!
First day
After 32 hours of labor Drew is finally here! Very first pic!



I couldn't be happier!

Look at all that hair! And he was very alert!

Just got his foot prints!

First bath

It's been a very long day!

No comments: