Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July



For the Fourth of July we went to our best friend's house Sam and Sarah. Sarah was having a family reunion for her parents and siblings. They were nice enough to invite us over for a bbq and fireworks. We had so much fun. We had delicious ribs(Nate's secret receipe, Sam borrowed the receipe) Corn on the cob, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and dip, vege's, and flag cake. The Flag cake was my contribution. It's really easy to make. I crumbled up angel's food cake in the bottom of the pan until I had the depth I wanted, then I topped it with whipped cream, then I cut up strawberries into fourths and place them and the blueberries, finally I took canned whipped cream and make "stars". It turned out really good and it is sooo easy!The kids are waiting for sparklers.
Sarah and I
The kids playing with poppers.
Matt being a ham! On the left is Sarah's parents and the little girl is Sarah's niece. Sarah's brother starting the fire.And unfortunately I misplaced my camera, so I wasn't able to get all the pictures that I wanted. But the fireworks were great! The kids really enjoyed them.





3 comments:

Shalene said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun and the food sounded really good!! The cake looks tasty!!

House of Howells said...

Hey your blog is really cute, I'm terrible at updating mine, but check it out. You guys look great, if it's not to secret I would love to borrow that secret sauce :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy cake!! I will have to try it. And thanks for saying I look good I needed to hear that today , I know lame but thanks!